Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I Voted-Did You? Free Goodies for Voting Too!

Did you vote today? I did. I got up at 5:30AM, thinking I would get there about 6AM or shortly after.But when I saw the line stretching out to the street and all the cars parked everywhere, not just in the elementary school's parking lot, I went back home. It's raining here today and I could not find my umbrella anywhere, and didn't relish standing out in the rain, getting soaked.. Well, after I ate a breakfast of yogurt, I drove back after 7AM and the line outside was gone. I parked and walked inside. Within about maybe 15-20 minutes and wearing a 'I Voted' sticker, I had voted and was walking out the door.
I drove over to Starbuck's and
got my free small coffee for voting. Yes, you can get a free coffee from them, just for doing your civic duty! There's many other places across the nation giving away free stuff and discounts too. For you out there who still have that sticker, check out these links to see how you too can get these nifty things.
Now, get out there and VOTE!


















5 comments:

Maryannwrites said...

I just got home from voting. In our small town in East Texas nobody is giving rewards for voting. :-(

Pamela K. Kinney said...

Starbuck;s is nation-wide, so if there is one in your town, long as you have that sticker. . . Same for Ben and Jerry's and Krispy Kreme. Our K. K. is too far from here--waste of gas for me, and B&J, well, none near me either. Got my coffee--Thanksgiving one and it was great. Getting my chicken sandwich too.

Anonymous said...

I voted early, but DID vote! I just pray God's hand is on this one!
Cynthia Cantrell
CynthiaCantrell_books@msn.com
http://www.myspace.com/cynthiacantrell_books

Diana Cosby said...

I voted as well! It's an exciting and historical day. No rewards that I know about either, but the ability to vote without persecution in a free America is a reward in itself. :)

Diana Cosby
www.dianacosby.com
His Captive/Alexander MacGruder
His Woman/December 08/Duncan MacGruder

Anonymous said...

I voted between 9 and 9:30 a.m., and it was crowded but not lines. I ended up not getting any free goodies, but that's not why I vote anyway. I did put my sticker in my journal. (I don't usually keep them.)