Friday, February 27, 2009

Here at the Shevacon Hotel

My husband and I'm are at the Holiday Inn Roanoke-Tanglewood, in our room. We've been here since yesterday afternoon. Ate at Cheeseburger Cheeseburger at the nearby Tanglewood Mall for dinner and stopped at the Barnes and Noble, asking if they could get in some of my books.
Ran into Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett in Star Wars original trilogy) who remembers me from Dragoncon three years ago! He has been very nice. And last night, Blair, the conchair of Shevacon, ehad to pick up the author guest of honor, Larry Niven, at the airport. Can't wait to see an author who I met for the first time back in the '70s at a convention in Los Angeles. I have read his books.
Anyway, my first panel is "Why Does Sex Sell in Genre Fiction?" at 6:00pm. I have another panel at 8:00pm, "The Paranormal in Virginia." Of course, I have a panel tomorrow night and one at 11:00am on Sunday. Plus I hope a book signing, too. If you're going to be here,and want a book, I brought copies of all, but the two newest anthologies I have stories in. Just let me know.
Anyway, we're waiting for lunch to be served in the hotel's restaurant at 11:30am, as it is much colder and threating to rain, and besides, we don't want to loose our awesome
parking space at the hotel!

2 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

Have a great time!

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com

Pamela K. Kinney said...

Thank you, we are! :-D