Thursday, July 06, 2006

My Upcoming Weekend and Excerpt from My Erotic Fantasy Story, Soul Seduction

Well, another busy weekend looms in the horizon for me, starting tonight. My husband, Bill and I are going to the midnight show of Pirates of the Caribbean: Deadman's Chest. Anyone else seeing the film this weekend? We both can't wait and yeah, I'm dressing up as a pirate. LOL. Then tomorrow Laurell K. Hamilton is signing at the Barnes and Noble at Libbie's Place on corner of Broad Street and Libbie in Richmond, so going to that. Doing a little of promoting Ravencon too--my Publicity assistant is meeting me there to help out. And on Saturday at Creatures and Crooks Book Shoppe, horror authors, Brian Keene and L.F. Gonzales will be signing at 1P.M. Sunday, it looks like I'll be chatting at Fallen Angels Review, along with the other Lady Aibell Press Reveling in Romance authors. Starts at 10AM Central/11AM Eastern. The link is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fallenangelreviewchatters And on July 29th, catch me in person at Fantasci 5, to be held 9AM to 10:30PM at the Chesapeake Central Library, 298 Cedar Rd. Chesapeake, Virginia. The link for the website, and what will be there is http://www.chesapeake.lib.va.us/CL_Fantasci2006/CL_FantasciPr.htm

Excerpt from "Soul Seduction", a fantasy story I had coming in Fobidden Love: Bad Boys from Under the Moon ( http://underthemoon.org/index2.html ), an imprint of Final Sword Productions. It comes out December 21, 2006.

Ten years flew by; a drop in the bucket of a feys life. Endless throngs of people came to and left the park. Each day at noon and each night at midnight, I sent out my call to Alicia, trying to draw her back. However, it seemed her soul was stronger than my magic.
Finally though, I had won. Our connection had proved stronger than her soul and force of will.
Alicia stood next to the fairy ring at midnight, her head sunk down between her shoulders in broken submission.
Im here, Bran. A wealth of pain colored her voice.
I magicked myself from my place and appeared next to her. Alicia.
The light of the full moon lit up the area. I saw she had grown older, a few lines painting her face. Tiredness filled her eyes, fading them from the sparkle that I remembered.
I sniffed the air about her. Youre still pure, I see. Good.
I tried to give myself to several guys that I dated, but something wouldnt let me. She reached up with her hand and touched the side of my face. It was you I kept seeing and I just couldnt do it. You cursed me as much as that fairy queen cursed you to this park.
I lifted her up into my arms and stepped into the circle. We vanished from human sight and entered my home. My prison.
Once inside, I loosened my hold and slid her body slowly to the ground against mine. I molded her against me, letting her feel the hardness between my thighs. With a click of my fingers, the room lit up with a million tiny lights that glittered like stars. I moved away and stalked over to an extra-large bed that dominated the room. I sat down on the edge and with a smile, gestured to Alicia.
Join me.
Her hands knotted together, she swept her eyes around the room, lighting momentarily on the armoire, the table with two chairs and the Roman bath.
I laughed, sounding bitter. As you can see, I have all the amenities of home and comfort. Queen Anu did give me that, at least.
I stood up and went over to Alicia, trying to draw her toward the bed. Now, I have the companionship that Ive been denied all these years.
She stood in my arms and I bent my head, whispering into her ear. Let me show you why they call me the Love Talker. Lets talk about the sensuality of the flesh, mortal and immortal. I kissed her. Lets talk about the eternal dance of passion. How I will relieve you of your innocence and show you such erotic things you cant even begin to imagine.
I captured her mouth. Soft like velvet, and I drank in her unique, sexy taste. I moaned.
It had been so long. .

No comments: