Monday, March 08, 2010

Interesting Paranormal Saturday at Richmond Pump House

 Saturday, March 6, 2010, I drove to the Richmond Pump House to watch Robert Bess, an paranormal investigator from Richmond use his machine to see if he could capture a spirit. He was the one on Ghost Adventures show on Halloween night.
First, I will say I do not believe anyone can "capture" a ghost-anything that is incorpeal and able to walk through walls and locked doors is something I have doubts of this ever happening. But this was an experience I couldn't pass up and I had a free Saturday morning. It was also a nice day--no snow or rain and nothing else going on for me. I parked my car on the street at about 9:45 am. I walked down to the place down some steps, and entered, my trusty camera, digital recorder and KII meter in a book bag hanging off my shoulder. I managed to get close enough to where the action would happen. I even ran into a paranormal investigator, Laura, who I knew, and someone who is a MySpace friend. I was excited as I got to view the inside of the Pump House, something many people haven't. It was hard to imagine that bakc when it was first built, just above where we were, the rich of Richmond danced away. So not only was it a place to pump water and make electricity, but people had used it for social functions.
By the time 10:30 rolled around, when things were to begin, the place was jammed packed and up on the balcony above us. Robert Bess stood next to his machine and told us about it, that it was something he replicated from what had been used in the late 1800s. Then it was turned on. We all kept taking pictures with our camera and others recorded the hour and half event by camcorders. I also turned on my recorder several times to see if I could catch anything else other than the sounds from the machines or anyone talking. It will be uploaded tonight and I will listen to it. One odd thing happened to the machine--the clock on top had 10:30 and switched to 3:00.
I used my KII and at first two lights joined the first one, with off and on of the fourth, all due to the machine's noise. But later, I used it again and got odd results. The fourth light came on strong and when I turn my KII toward the machine, it went off though the first three remained on. But when I pointed it toward the water, the fourth came back on. Then I walked to the water and the third and fourth lights disappeared. Stepping back to where I had been standing, the third light came back on, but not the fourth. What that means, I am not sure?

I did captured orbs on my photos, and some are in the ones posted here on the blog. But not at anytime did I capture any inside the machine. Around it and all, but not inside. Bess admitted, that he never did captured any. Said was because of too many.
Anyway, enjoy the photos, and if you live in the area, do check out the Pump House, even if out from the outside as on a nice day, on one of the wooden seats by the water, it is worth just for that.


Bethie said...

Love you pictures!!

gypsy924 said...

Thank you Pamela for this blog. and especially the pictures. I wish I could have been there but this is the next best thing reading what you observed and experienced.

Jae Lynne Davies said...

Great post, Pamela. You are a brave soul. Just looking at all of the orbs in those pictures give me chills.

Jae Lynne

Pamela K. Kinney said...

Thanks, Bethie and Gypsy. jae, the most scary thing for me was then machine, LOL.

Allisom said...

thanks for sharing Pamela...I so wanted to go :(

Pamela K. Kinney said...

You're welcome, Allisom. Sorry you couldn't make it.