Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Laurell K. Hamilton Signing in Richmond and Brief POTC 2 Review















Above is a picture of me with Laurell K. Hamilton and her husband, Jonathan at a book signing at the Barnes and Noble at Libbie Place Shopping Center on the corner of Libbie and W. Broad St. Thanks to a wonderful person, Maketa Robinson, who stood behind me in line, and as I didn't bring my camera I asked her if she could take this photo with her camera.Thank you, Maketa, and do enjoy that download of Crimson Promise I sent you. Laurell K. Hamilton was very wonderful, giving those of us in line a talk before and answering questions, then signing after, with the promise to sign for everyone who stood in line. And a big line it was!
I made sure people got flyers from both Fantasci 5, plus our own Ravencon 2007 here in Richmond, along with my Publicity assistant, Cheryl, too. Many people were pleased to heard about Ravencon particularly as most lived in the Richmond area. Plus I gave Laurell a copy of the flyer, plus my card--maybe sometime in the future we can have her as a Guest of Honor!
What did I have signed (limit was two books, unless you got back in line again)? I had my Danse Macabre and Micah. I had Micah since it first came out--from Creatures and Crooks Book Shoppe ( http://cncbooks.com/ ), but I just got Danse Macabre from joining Science Fiction Book Club. Funny thing about that, they mailed them off July 3rd, and it came on Thursday, July 5th. Now how super was that?
Laurell K. Hamilton answered questions about the movie, which her husband and she are still writing the script, and then will go from there to how many more books of Merry (9-18?) to about Anita Blake and her world. She even answered about if there would ever be a video game of Anita Blake and laughed, saying, "Sleep with a vampire and you lose five points?"
Anyway, it was a great time for all, plus I ran into friends haven't seen in a while and talked. I went home after and not long after that to sleep (when you do the midnight show of Pirates of the Caribbean: Deadman's Chest night before and then other things with hubby who took off, and this signing, it was a long day).
One last thing, on POTC 2, it wasn't as great as the first one, but still a good movie to go see. The ending does lead into the next and last film, out next summer 2008. A little too much going on than should be. Th length didn't bother me--lokk at the Lord of the Rings films, and I enjoyed the extra stuff in the DVDs. But a little more going on than needed. Still, it is worth going to see, and who can't enjoy Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow? My rating: 3 1/2 stars out of 5.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat photo! You would think everyone co-ordinated outfits.

Meggins

Pamela K. Kinney said...

LOL Thank you, but I didn't even think of that! I wore my Jack Sparrow shirt as it was POTC 2's opening and wore my jeans peddle pushers.