Monday, October 06, 2008

Monster Fest Was a Success!



























































From the picutres you can see me with my table when the convention first started, to those in costume (even the family that scares together, stays together one), author Elizabeth Massie raising a scary toast, and the paranormal investigators and me at the Ghost Hunting 101 panel. The last photo, from me on, is me, Melissa Kepley from CPRI, George Stewart from 757Ghosthunters and Jackie Tomlin from CVPI. If anyone knows the names of the family in costume are, please let me know. I plan to add all photos from the mini horror convention to my website.

I did well with selling books and signing them. The neatest thing was when Mark A. Mihalko came by to give me a copy of the issue of Haunted Times Magazine the review of my book, HAUNTED RICHMOND will be in--Vol. 3/ Issue 3/Winter 2009. That was so cool. If you like to get this issue or even get a subscription to the magazine, the website is HAUNTED TIMES MAGAZINE The direct link is SUBSCRIPTION .You can see the cover of the issue the review is in with my pictures above.

It was nice to be on a panel with Elizabeth Blue again, and to do the Ghost Hunting 101 panel which was well attended.
All in all, it was a nice day, with good friends and new ones, and all for price of FREE! Hope to see you there next year.
Here is the review:
Haunted Richmond
A Review by Heaton Rotheray – Haunted Times Magazine
When I thought of Richmond, Virginia, thoughts of the Confederacy, the Civil War and Edgar Allen Poe started to dance through my mind; a visit would be a historians dream. Yet, after reading Pamela Kinney’s Haunted Richmond, I realized this trip could even more interesting than I originally imagined.
Throughout this well-crafted maze of the supernatural, you will find tales of unknown complete with historical perspectives on the people and places involved, such as the Governors Mansion. Not only do you get the chilling stories of things that go bump in the night, you receive an idea on how the lasting impression of the spirit world came to life inside.
This book is necessary for history and paranormal fans, opening the doorway to another time and place. Full of small elements of reality and unfamiliar facts, the eerie tone of the book pulls you in to a different world, creating a pathway into future exploration and discovery. This riveting book should not be missed.
Haunted RichmondAuthor: Pamela KinneyPublisher: Schiffer PublishingISBN-13: 978-076432712414.95

No comments: