Friday, July 14, 2017

Supernatural Friday: Icy Poem (Original Poem)



Enjoy this poem. It is copyrighted by me, so if wish to share it with friends and family, please share the link. Thank you.




"My Soul for a Bucket of Ice"
by
Pamela K. Kinney

Summer heat;
humidity draining me.
The night is
no different
The moon doesn’t
cool me down
I would do anything,
anything to be cold.
Even sacrifice
my first born child
Or rip out
the heart of my enemy.
But
unless,
I make this summoning,
I will keep sweating.
Circle of blood;
black candle lit
Chant rising
on the night’s fetid air
A form of
black mist inside
Eyes red
as hellfire
staring back at me
“What is your command?”
I fall to my knees
Cry out,
“I need freezing cold!”
“As you wish. . .”
I disappear
End up
in a cave of ice
Many miles below
the Arctic snow and ice.
Maybe I should have
been more specific
And maybe,
Next time don’t use,
Demon Summoning for Dummies,
Instead, 
go to the supermarket
and buy a bag of ice. 


No comments: