Monday, September 17, 2012

Review of Wolf Song



I expected another book of vampires (the baddies) versus werewolves (the side of good) as seems to be the norm these days from the Twilight books and more. Many spots in this book by Frank W. Smith beautifully written, and though enjoyed it, I didn't get into it until mid-way. The title is based on the song werewolves chosen by God to sing, to defeat evil and calm down werewolves who lost themselves and remained in beast form. Though the old man is an interesting mix of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Van Helsing, it is Jon, the unsure, lost soul werewolf of the piece that the who book should be mostly about. It was when it became his story after the death of his mentor and friend the book became alive for me. This is why it earned four stars out of five for me. That, and the fact the vampires were scary enough. Next book, Mr. Smith, let go and let evil be evil.

4 didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating)

No comments: